Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pregnant and Pregnant!

Well, I guess I am far enough along in this joy of a pregnancy to announce that yes, in fact, I am pregnant. I am 8 weeks along, and the last 2 weeks have been a bit rough. I am trying to focus on the positive side of things, but the reality is, mentally I am trapped on a rollercoaster of nausea, and am grateful to get my kids teeth brushed these days. We went on a trip last week, and I tried to have fun! It was spring break for Mary and we went down to Kingman, Arizona, and Lake Havasu City, Arizona. You may ask yourself why these 2 cities of no consequence? They are a part of Justin's territory, and we visited them last fall. They are fun little towns and we like to swim in the hotel pool, and go out to eat! Where are the pictures you might ask? Well, the camera is in Justin's car, and he drove himself to the airport yesterday morning, as I was not getting out of bed in my morning sickness state to drive him. At this time there are no happy Easter pictures, and spring happiness. We are in sheer survival mode. I do feel blessed because my March schedule was very full and after the company left this weekend(we had some of Justin's family in town) my schedule is wide open for me to just put my head down, breath in and out for the next 5 weeks until I can possibly function again. I knew this was coming! It is no surprise, and I am just trying to remember the bigger picture here. It is fun to read others' blogs and see life go on. It honestly helps me. I like to watch the discovery channel, and the travel channel, and think of far off places and future dreams. I probably sound so dramatic, which I am prone to from time to time, but pregnancies are probably the biggest test of my faith. I know Heavenly Father just wants to know how important it is to me to have these little spirits. So I'll hope to see you all in May or so when I come out of the fog!

18 comments:

Kim said...

Your gonna do good! Hopefully this weekend was just the flu bug. I hope you are feeling better tonight!

Tara said...

Congratualtions!! I hope you get feeling better sooner than later :)

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

I miss you friend! Keep blogging, it will help. Let me know if you need anything.

Carmell said...

Congratulations! Knowing that it won't last forever is about all that helps me get through the yucky sick part of pregnancy. Let me know if I can help you with anything!

Perry Family said...

Hang in there, this too will pass.

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness!! Congratulations to you guys!!!! Hopefully this yucky part passes soon for you.

The Mullins said...

Seriously let me know if you need anything! You can throw your kids over the fence and I'll pick them up! Hope you get feeling better soon.

Amy Brindley said...

Holy Cow! Congrats to you and Justin. That is exciting!! I love your blog. It is a great way to stay in touch. I'm sorry about your nausea. You amaze me with your positive attitude - keep it up!

Tiffany said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you guys.

Tiffany said...

Congrats!! We are so happy for you guys.

Unknown said...

hope the morning sickness passes sooner rather than later.
Rest whenever you can and don't feel bad about it.

Janeen said...

You're amazing Amanda, hang in there! Please don't hesitate to call us if you need anything, seriously.

Unknown said...

Hey, it's May! I hope to find some new stuff here soon. :) I enjoy reading your blog because I love how much your personality comes through in your writing.
(This is Angie.)

Brook said...

HELLO FRIEND!!! I realized I had your blog address...so great to read up and to see your cute kiddos.
I am just coming out of the prego yuck. Mands, you put it absolutely perfectly, it is truly a test. So excited for your growing family.

Ann Marie said...

I just found your blog by chance!! I'm so excited for you! I miss you. I'll call you soon. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

Unknown said...

Hey, I was excited to see your comment on my blog! I thought maybe you had gotten around to posting something, but I still anxiously await that event. No pressure.

Angie said...

Sorry, last comment was actually Angie.

heAtHeR said...

Congrats Justin and Amanda on your pregnancy! Hope you don't mind me sneaking a peek at your blog...I just barely got ours going and am really enjoying catching up on everyone's lives. (monica sent me your blog address) Reading your blog reminds me of how much we loved Vegas too...it definately has it cons, but overall it was such a positive experience for us! Well, hopefully this will help us to keep in better touch. our blog address is www.stillfeelsgood.blogspot.com. Love you guys! :)