Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Stale Blog??

My blog is officially stale. You know like week old chicken that needs to be taken out of the refrigerator! It's OK, it's OK I'm still alive, and kicking. I have just been doing way more than I possibly have time for. I love having a full life, and would never complain about enjoying projects, kids, and all that we have to do. The ward Relief Society dinner has kept me especially busy, and all I can say is my friend Heather is a jewel. She has been helping me a ton! She has many talents and resources at her finger tips, all of which she is never stingy about sharing. I just am sitting here so grateful for her help, on the eve of the big event. I hope it will turn out to be a special time for all who come. The church is amazing in that we all have to flex our muscles and use our talents to help create, rather than to sit passively by and watch others do for us. We all are such better people because we have to contribute. We have to be the leaders, as well as followers, and we learn so much more this way. I am grateful for this time to be in charge, and I will be equally grateful to be able to follow next time.
I also want to say that my little son James is the sweetest kid. He has been melting my heart lately with all of his new words, and his fun sense of humor. He is an amazing little spirit, and I am so grateful he is in our family. With all he put me through in my pregnancy, I am happy to say he is worth it. Loves to my baby!!

6 comments:

Perry Family said...

It's about time we get an update from you!!! j/k!! Tonight will turn out very special! It was coming along just after an hour! You are amazing with all you accomplish, thanks for all your service you put in!

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

You are TO sweet! You did a great job tonight. Love YA!

Perry Family said...

Amanda, last night was awesome! Great job, what a hit!

Chrissy said...

You guys did a great job last night!! I know it was chaotic for you, but I know everybody enjoyed themselves!! Thanks!! And CONGRATS!!

Janeen said...

Last night turned out great! You did a wonderful job & I know everyone had a great time.

Christene said...

Your efforts were much appreciated. It is wonderful to be a part of this great gospel that calls on us all to put our shoulders to the wheel. Glad to be pushing along beside you!