Monday, March 3, 2008

My life in a nutshell!

So, I'm just sitting here on Monday morning. So worn out I can barely function. Most think Monday morning is just time to get up and go go go! To start the week. Sometimes, for me, Monday is a big let down from a crazy weekend. It started Thursday night with Justin heading up the stake basketball activity, where he played in the first game and refereed the next two. He was wiped out to say the least, but he was really happy because they had a great turn out. Next was Saturday morning 7am when the painters showed up! and yes! My spanish isn't totally worthless!. By the end of the day I was speaking spanish to my kids. The best thing was that Scott kept going up to the painters, making conversation, and he counldn't figure out why they weren't saying anything back! They would just smile at him. "What's your name?" no answer, "Are you painting?" again no answer. Finally I explained the deal, and he started saying "Hola!" "Gracias!". It was awesome! Scott is alot like me, in that he loves to talk to anyone! He approaches the world like everyone is his friend. I understand him for that, because I have always been that way. I see the people in my world, over the tasks that need to be done. Sometimes this drives me crazy, but most of the time I enjoy my perspective, and use it as a gift, that I've been given. None of us can function alone. We all need love, support, and friendship. I can't survive without good friends. Speaking of good friends, it is Betty Taylor's birthday today! So everyone who reads this and knows how genuine, kind, and just awesome Betty is... give her a call today!
Anyway, James also got sick this weekend, and for 2 nights he has been restlessly sleepinig on top of my head! Justin finally found more rest in the guest bedroom. Justin's Mom and her husband also stopped in and stayed the night Saturday eve on their way home from helping Monica get packed up to move from California to Maryland. They came to sacrament with us, Justin took James home who had a high high fever, and I stayed with the kids. I had a meeting Sunday eve. Monday morning has come and it's not pretty! It is 11:00 am and I am still in my pjs, of course now James is sound asleep, and I am fighting to stay alive, with Scott and my day! Love being a Mom!!!

4 comments:

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

I love reading your writing. You're awesome!!

Christene said...

You're going to make it! I think we all have those mornings where we need a vacation from our weekend. But just think, this is what we love to do: love our family, snuggle our babies, spend time with our husbands. What could be better? These are the blessed times when we can stay in pajamas till 11!

The Mullins said...

Hey, don't worry! I'm in my pj's most of the day! I need to talk to you so call me tomorrow!

Perry Family said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who writes about everything...I mean the good and the bad! I've so been there, and thank goodness for comfy pj's on those days! Hope you feel better, let me know if there is anything I can do!