Monday, February 25, 2008

Go Vegas!

So, Justin took me to see Phantom of the Opera over the weekend. The tickets were a Valentine's gift. It was an amazing experience. I have seen it before and it was interesting to see the Vegas twist they put on the show. There is a lot more sparkle, and drama! It made me wonder. Living in Vegas, there are some things you get used to that are just not normal. Like rollercoasters in the middle of downtown, shiny cars and shiny people everywhere. I visit other places and am reminded that this town is over the top to say the least. It is so amazing how much joy we have found living here, even though we are in the middle of the desert, and slot machines are ringing in our ears. I love our life here. We have such a great ward, and our friends here are the best we have ever had. So here's a shoot out to the cheesiness, the glam, the bling, and the craziness of Vegas, because somewhere in the midst of it all, we have found a great life. Just a few pictures to illustrate the effect Vegas has had on our family!! Ha!
Another thought! I just hired a painter to paint our front room this Saturday. The entire conversation was in Spanish. I repeated myself several times, and I'm not even sure he knows he is supposed to show up on Saturday morning. I'm considering taking bets on whether he shows or not! We'll see!

Love us!

6 comments:

Perry Family said...

The pics are great! Love the view of Justin's nostril's! I'm betting your painter does show up bc i'm sure your spanish did the job (he must of gotten the point, especially if charades were involved!)

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

He, he and amen!

Tara said...

I know.. its soo great!! And thanks... I LOVE your pictures of the VEGAS Effects :)

Christene said...

Life in Vegas is grand, isn't it? There's something about living here, maybe because it's been home for us from the beginning. I love it too! And I love your wonderful pictures.

The Mullins said...

Hey, I found it!!! It being your blog. I was looking! I love how all of you are such great writers. I never sound as eloquent as y'all. I hope we get to be better friends, there really is a cool bunch of ladies here.

Janeen said...

cute pics! You'll have to let me know how the painting went.