Monday, July 14, 2008

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged

The rules:
1. List three items in each category
2. Tag three other people you would like to hear from
3. Get to know your friends and family

Joys

1. My family. I love my husband and kids to pieces! They just fill me up inside and give me so much joy on a daily basis! Heavenly Father really understood how to give men deeper joy, when he commanded us to have families. I am so grateful for my family. I feel extremely blessed.

2. Friends. My friends help me to feel like a real person, laugh a lot, and I learn so much from them. I need friends, and part of the reason I love Vegas is my friends. They are my family here.

3. The Gospel. I really believe that every good thing I have in my life is because of my membership in The Church. Whatever sacrifice I have ever made has been repayed ten fold and I know the peace I feel in my life gets stronger and more real, the closer I come to Christ. The same goes for the reverse. When I am feeling anxious, depressed, or discouraged, I usually haven't made the efforts to stay close to the spirit.


Fears

1. My recent fear is that I will lose Justin. I had a dream last week that he died and it felt so real I woke up crying. I felt so relieved to find him next to me sound asleep. I sat there listening to him snore, which usually annoys me!! but it was like music to my ears. He was a little confused that morning when I was so appreciative, and happy to see him!

2. I have a fear of dying, and I am a little embarrassed about this, given that I believe in the resurrection and life after death, but that unknown scares me to death. It stems from my childhood. I could not go to sleep alone, because I was afraid I would stop breathing. I really sympathize with my kids when they are afraid to go to sleep at night. I have to let Justin do the dirty work.

3. My kids drowning. I'm usually not an uptight Mom, but I really become anxious around water. I just can't imagine anything worse. We were up the canyon in Utah, and I was hysterical about the kids by the river. They were also near the fire, but that was manageable for me. I don't know why drowning sounds worse than burning to death! Ok, that's morbid.


Goals
1. Justin has given me full financial control in our relationship, and I want to create such a stable financial profile just to prove I can do it. I sit up at night thinking about college funds, and retirement! It should be under the obsession category, but I really want to make good decisions in this category.

2. After I have this baby I have such a strong desire to be in shape again. I mean triathalon shape! I want a hard body! Come on! I can do it!

3. I want to become really organized and keep a workable cleaning, and living schedule. Anyone that knows me, knows this is an uphill battle, but I am really encouraged by the fact that I have made a lot of progress in this area. I'm sure by the time my kids leave the house, I will have it down pat, and be ready to start a family! Oh!! wait!!

Collections/Obsessions

1. Justin and I have become traveling fanatics. We don't even plan vacations anymore, we just get in the car about two hours after we have decided to take the kids to Sea World, or camping, whatever. It is fun, but I think are spontaneity might be short lived now that the kids are going to be in school. Mary's kindergarten year was our warm up for scheduled living! I really love the prospects of travel. I love watching the travel channel, reading books in settings I want to visit! It really is an obsession!

2. I like to buy the books I read. I am intent on having a large library by the time my kids really get into reading. It is a little expensive but I think will pay off in the end.

3. I love yummy food. Justin and I like to eat yummy food when we can. We are collectors of experiences. Good atmosphere, good food, good music. Is that a collection? or obsession? I don't know! Compartmentalize where you will!

Random facts

1. My family had several nicknames for me when growing up. I was the youngest.
Manz
Manzee
Molney
Molness Jane
Mando
Mando Calarisian ( you know like the guy on star wars
Stinky
Ugly

2. I love to find a good acid/base combo in my snacks. For example: Pickle/glass of milk
green olive with a jalapeno/cheese. You see where I'm going with this. It is very satisfying when I find a good combination!

3. I am the queen of overshare. When in conversations with people, I share far more than they would like to hear. Now, I have taken to warning people before I do it. I have the false notion that it will help them deal with the information they are about to receive.

Ok, I tag Mandi and Anthony, Angie, and Chrissy

6 comments:

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

Super Fun!!! I love reading your writing!

Perry Family said...

Very interesting, but SO YOU:)

Shannon said...

I loved reading this, Amanda. I don't know you very well yet but the more I know, the more I want to know. Thanks for sharing! :)

Angie said...

Hey Mando Calrissian! (I love that one!) I'm with you on the book collecting. Also, I've always admired you and Justin for your spontaneity. Over-sharers of the world unite! Actually, I love it when you start a sentence with, "This might be an over-share..." because I know what comes next is gonna be good. I finally answered the tag too. I miss you! Reading your blog is kinda like talking to you, so it helps. :)

Christene said...

Can I just say I love you from the list of Loves to the Overshares. You are a special woman, and I'm thrilled to know you and your crazy acid/base combos. You're just awesome!P.S. sign me up for your triathlon!

The Fleming Family said...

Hey, I found your blog off of Chrissy's. (Hope you dont mind.) That was fun to read and get to know you a little better!
-Danielle