Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy July!


We are headed up to Salt Lake for the 4th. I'm actually really excited to go. July is the only time I really get homesick for Salt Lake. You can't beat Utah in the summer. The canyons, evenings, and temperatures are near perfect. This picture we took at Temple Square the last time we were up there. It is so fun to show the kids where we were married. It is a pretty impressive sight. I hope you all have an awesome 4th of July and we will miss all our Vegas friends.
Particularly we will miss the Moores since we are counting down the days with them. They are truly irreplacable in our lives! Who else, but Angie will heighten our learning in Book club? Who else but Angie will give us a variety of cheeses and organic appetizers when we come to visit her home? Who else but Dan would dress up like characters in literature, and add such variety to our lives? They are awesome, unique friends and I am going to miss them terribly. I know they are only 2 hours away, but the reality is it is going to be different without them here with us! We will miss you guys!! I have to give a thanks to Heather for making my blog look so pretty. I even have little quails on the header!!! I am not very computer literate so I really appreciate her in my life, for that reason among many others!
I am skipping around in thought a bunch, but my brother Brad came to visit on his way to California with his family this weekend. As always we stayed up talking and I really love and appreciate him. We remember so many funny things about our childhood together, and talk about spiritual things, intellectual things, and it is awesome to have a brother who has never teased me! (Which Justin thinks is not normal, that I never got teased by a brother)
Anyway here is a picture of my brother taken at Disneyland with his two boys, Mary, and Scott. Love you Brad!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great 4th.

The Mullins said...

Thanks again for watching the dogs! Have a great holiday!

The Mullins said...

Yeah, I didn't take the lights. I needed them on Thursday cause that is when they packed all the boxes. So, happy early Christmas! I will just have to get some more. THanks again for the dog sitiing.

Angie said...

Hey Amanda, I hadn't seen this post yet the other day when I saw you. I am honestly moved. You have to keep in touch with me because you are the one and only Amanda, and I can't properly express to you how dear you have become to me---you are irreplaceable too. You truly helped to make life in Vegas a joy. Anyway, I'm getting gushy, but sincerely gushy, so I guess it's okay.

Perry Family said...

I am with you, I wll miss Angie, despite being in another ward! Hope you had a great weekend!!

Shannon said...

I know how you feel....I'll miss Angie terribly, too. I hope you had a great 4th. We're headed on a family campout in Utah next month....we're hoping for some of that nice weather you described. :)

Christene said...

Happy July! Your blog looks so nice! I echo your thoughts about Angie and Dan. There is no replacing them. Can't wait till your home!

Janeen said...

Cute new blog design. I know, I'm sad the Moore's are gone too...they are such a great family & added so much to the ward. Hope you had a good time in Utah.